Monday, May 2, 2011

Highway Billboards



Our little family took a day trip today to Dallas !

We met Aunt Teresa and Aidan for lunch and then we all went to the Dallas World Aquarium, later we got to see Uncle Kyle as well, always a treat!... it was a lot of fun and the kids loved it.

One of the best things about driving in Texas is the billboards. You think I'm joking, but I'm not. Here is just a sampling of some of the gems...


In Polish the word "pies" means "dog." So this is an advertisement for fried dog. It always makes Martin giggle.





Apparently the world is ending on May 21, 2011. After all, it's guaranteed! It could happen... I'm just sayin'. Oh yeah... that's also my dad's birthday... I'm just sayin'.

Just in case you weren't sure. And on a separate note... do you think "Tire Kingdom" is feeling a little inadequate?



This was the result of a double dog dare.




Nothing says, "come buy a beautiful birdbath" like a huge stone Triceratops.

I could post more...and I will... but not tonight. I'm tired. We just drove 6 hours total, there and back, with 4 kids under the age of 6.

Martin says that in 2-3 hours of driving in certain directions in Poland we could probably reach Slovakia, Ukraine or the Czech Republic. Add an hour to that drive and we could reach Germany. Pretty sweet, but will we have the option of buying a ridiculously large stone dinosaur of our choosing, along the way?

2 comments: